Neighborhood Chipping Program
The City of Boise Parks and Recreation and Fire Departments work in stewardship with Boise neighborhoods to assist residents with disposal of tree branches and hazardous vegetation via our neighborhood chipping program. Chipping will occur on a predetermined Friday for neighborhoods interested in participating in the program.
Chipping Request and Schedule:
Our Chipping Service will begin in mid-July.
- Wildfire Home Safely Evaluation: Please sign-up for a Wildfire Home Safely Evaluation and indicate interest in the Chipping Program at the bottom of the request form.
- Neighborhood Association: Sign-up will include a question regarding what neighborhood association you live in. Please check your neighborhood association here
- Sign up for an Evaluation
- Your neighborhood must be within the City of Boise and at risk of wildfire. Find your address on the public portal to learn basic information about your property and associated risk-factors.
- Participants must receive a Wildfire Home Safely Evaluation provided at no-cost by Boise Fire.
- A minimum is five addresses is required per neighborhood for chipper deployment. Please share your interest in the program with your neighbors to ensure deployment of the chipping service.
- Individual homeowners must register to participate. Please register through the Wildfire Home Safety Evaluation Form.
- All chipping dates are Fridays only.
- Material must be stacked curbside by 8:00 am on Friday morning and will be picked up the end of the day.
- Incorrectly stacked piles WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Refer to the pile guidelines below. Inappropriate materials and piles will NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Only woody limbs and branches up to 9” diameter.
- Piles ONLY
- Construction or building materials, nails, wire
- Grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, root wads, dirt, rocks
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m Friday morning and will be picked up the end of the day.
- Piles must be stacked neatly with ends facing the road.
- Piles must be within 5’ of the roadway.
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb.
- Please do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
For assistance please call Wildfire Mitigation at (208) 570-6576.