Neighborhood Chipping Program
The City of Boise Parks and Recreation and Fire Departments work in stewardship with Boise neighborhoods to assist residents with disposal of tree branches and hazardous vegetation via our neighborhood chipping program.
Chipping Request and Schedule
To be eligible to receive free chipping services you must:
- STEP 1 - sign up for and agree to receive a free Wildfire Home Safety Evaluation, to be scheduled at a later date.
- STEP 2 - you must also sign up for a specific chipping slot, on a Friday designated for your neighborhood association. See schedule below. These slots are limited on any given Friday.
- Neighborhood Association: Not sure which neighborhood association is yours? Please check your neighborhood association here before going onto the next step to complete the wildfire home safety evaluation request.
- Wildfire Home Safety Evaluation: Please sign-up for a Wildfire Home Safety Evaluation and indicate interest in the Chipping Program at the bottom of the request form.
- Your neighborhood must be within the City of Boise and at risk of wildfire. Find your address on the public portal to learn basic information about your property and associated risk-factors.
- Participants must receive a Wildfire Home Safety Evaluation, which is provided at no-cost to you by the Boise Fire Department.
- A minimum of five addresses is required per neighborhood for chipper deployment. Please share your interest in the program with your neighbors to ensure deployment of the chipping service.
- Individual homeowners must register to participate. We will not pick up and chip random piles left curbside by individuals that did not sign up for a home evaluation and chipping.
- All chipping dates are Fridays only.
- Material must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning and will be picked up by the end of the day.
- Incorrectly stacked piles will not be picked up.
- Refer to the pile guidelines below. Inappropriate materials and piles will not be picked up.
- Only woody limbs and branches up to 9” diameter.
- Piles only
- Construction or building materials, nails, wire
- Grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, root wads, dirt, rocks
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 am Friday morning and will be picked up the end of the day.
- Piles must be stacked neatly with ends facing the road.
- Piles must be within 5’ of the roadway.
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb.
- Please do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
- Friday, September 9th - Boise Area
- Friday, September 30th - Special Project (Briarhill)
- Friday, October 14th - Boise Area
For assistance please email email@example.com or contact a Wildfire Mitigation Specialist at (208) 869-8107 .