Get Involved with “Ready, Set, Go!”
“The Ready, Set, Go!” Program is a partnership between you and your local fire department that aims to share information on how to prepare for a wildland fire. As a resident, you can do your part by following the three simple steps of the RSG program:
- Get Ready – Prepare yourself, your family and your property well in advance of a wildfire.
- Get Set – Be aware of what is happening around you during periods of high fire danger and be prepared to evacuate.
- Go Early – Leave early when there is a fire, or as directed by public safety officials.
Take responsibility for your family and your home long before wildfire threatens. Begin with this quicklist:
- Use fire-resistant materials to build and update your home, deck and outbuildings.
- Landscape with Firewise vegetation.
- Remove flammable vegetation from around your home, especially Juniper and Arborvitae.
- Create and practice a family emergency plan, visit readyforwildfire.org .
Maintain a level of situational awareness during wildfire season. Follow this quicklist:
- Know current fire restrictions and wildfire risk in your area.
- Sign up for emergency notifications through CodeRED.
- Pack an emergency evacuation kit. Include prescriptions, emergency supplies and important documents.
Follow your family emergency plan, take your emergency kit and leave early when wildfire strikes.
- Evacuate when CodeRED alerts you to do so, or when your family is threatened by wildfire.
- Cooperate with local authorities during the evacuation and re-entry process.
If you would like your neighborhood to learn more about "The Ready, Set, Go!" program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for your community to receive Ready, Set, Go! bags. We will work with your neighborhood to pass out bags, door-to-door, that contain information about how families and homeowners can be better prepared for wildfire, and ready to evacuate when wildfire strikes.